Sunday, June 9, 2013

Organizational Tips Linky Party

Fun in Room 4B and Ladybug's Teacher Files are having a linky party! Share a tip about how you stay organized in the classroom.

                                                


I wish I had a more recent picture to share. The only one I found was from 2 years ago when I was setting up my classroom.

Idea number 1:

On my teacher desk, you see 5 pocket folders. They are labeled Monday through Friday. This is an old picture. This year, I had newer folders with cute days of the week labels. Wish I had taken a picture before I packed them up at the end of school!  Anyway, when lesson planning, I put any work or tests we will be doing in the daily folders. When it is time for a test or worksheet, I simply just pull them out of that day's folder. Makes my life so much easier! This was for fourth grade. Next year I will be teaching first. I plan to find some type of narrow tubs/bins to use. I will put any flashcards/manipulatives/or worksheets for that day's lessons.


Idea #2:  See the yellow folders? They were labeled by subject. When they completed a test, quiz or written assignment, they would file it in the appropriate subject folder. My teacher's helper would sort them for me in numerical order. (The students were assigned numbers).

Can't wait to read everyone else's ideas!

Happy organizing!

2 comments:

  1. I use student numbers, too. It helps a lot! I like the idea of grouping the papers by subject and then having a teacher's helper sort them. Very smart. Thanks for linking up!

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to do the Monday through Friday thing...in fact I just wrote it on my list! Thanks so much for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete